Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the 928 Owners Club Forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Driver's door locking 89 S4

Driver's door locking 89 S4 21 May 2020 22:20 #21225

• whale driver
  • Junior Forum Member
I cannot lock my drivers door with a key. I can lock it manually from the inside using the associated locking knob. I can lock both the drivers and passenger doors simultaneously using the key on the passenger side when both doors are closed.. I also can lock both doors from the inside with the dash central locking button. What is my issue with using the key on the driver's side key lock?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Driver's door locking 89 S4 24 May 2020 08:15 #21228

• nluk100
  • Junior Forum Member
Either the lock has seized or it's been changed and your key doesn't fit correctly. Doesn't take long to whip it out and take a look at it, only 1 bolt holding it in.
'89 928 GT

Driver's door locking 89 S4 27 May 2020 07:21 #21231

• whale driver
  • Junior Forum Member
nluk100 wrote:
Either the lock has seized or it's been changed and your key doesn't fit correctly. Doesn't take long to whip it out and take a look at it, only 1 bolt holding it in.
I don't believe the lock is seized because it operates to open and close using the passenger side key lock, driver's manual turn knob and the dash console switch. It is just when I use the driver's side key lock that it doesn't lock. Your suggestion of a changed lock might be the answer.

Driver's door locking 89 S4 28 May 2020 02:37 #21235

• nluk100
  • Junior Forum Member
I didn't mean the door locking mechanism, I meant the actual door lock (the bit the key goes it). As I said, it's easy to pop out and check it. Plus, you can also attempt to re-key it to your existing (with a file and some patience) ... www.928.org.uk/56-re-keying-porsche-928-locks.html

If you've got the additional cable on the bottom of the lock (I guess you will as it's an 89 S4) then you'll need to file the levers in this bit too.
'89 928 GT
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.778 seconds