Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 2015 Willbraham Tech Session

2015 Willbraham Tech Session 11 May 2015 09:50 #18273

• Tass 928
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi Folks
Florence and I are going to host another tech session this year (#8 I believe) and we have picked an earlier date than we normally do. On Saturday, July 11th the VSCCA is holding a hill climb event for historic and pre-war vintage race cars. As it happens, we live less than a mile from the top of the hiil so I thought it would be great to add this event to the day's 928 schedule. I made arrangements with the event organizers who have given us a grass parking area at the mid-point on the hill. I told them our group usually numbers 25-35 and they were pleased to accommodate us.
The plan is to meet up at the barn prior to the event and then group drive the short distance to our parking area. As we get a little closer, I will have information on the start and end times. After the event we will be back at the barn for our usual food, drinks, etc.
Should anyone want to use a lift, give a tech talk or just play with cars we will still be doing that part of the vent.
For right now, I'm trying to get a head count so I can advise the owner of our parking area of what to expect.

So....who's in?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

2015 Willbraham Tech Session 15 May 2015 07:09 #18284

• Tmac928
  • Junior Forum Member
Thanks for doing this again. It's always a great day and great fun.
I will be there.
Tony & Alice

2015 Willbraham Tech Session 15 Jun 2015 14:19 #18342

• Tass 928
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi All,
Things are shaping up and I have a few more details for you.
The event is on Saturday, July 11th in Wilbraham, MA. We will gather at my home garage (83 Bennett road, Wilbraham) early that morning for coffee and donuts along with our normal Howdy-doodies.
The first car onto to 1 mile track will be starting at 9:00 AM so the hill climb folks have asked that we be in place by 8:30. We will have lawn parking halfway up the track so we need to go in as a group while the course is open. I know this is early for some of you coming in from other states so I asked that we be able to bring in a 2nd group during a break in the action. If you get to my house and we have already left for the track, Flo will be in touch with me and we will orchestrate getting a break in the action to allow access for group 2.
The top of the course is only about a mile from my house but the organizers have asked that we take a slightly longer route that will bring us down on to Main street for a "parade" type entry at the bottom of the track. I'd say we want to leave the barn at 8:00 am. We will be able to leave our parking area at various breaks in the action and the barn /lift/tools/food/beverage thing will be happening all day for those who want to hang out there.
A couple items of interest;
There will be a couple of car show areas as well as the vintage race car paddock. Wayne Carini was at the last event and I am told he will be returning this year with a different car. There will be a restored GM Future Liner ...pretty cool if you have never seen one in person. Also live music and some shuttle buses between the various areas. There are a bunch of you tubes up from the 2013 event if you want to check it out, here is one: or just google the Wilbraham hill climb.
We have a great group of 928's and would like to get even more. I'm also opening this up to pretty much any interesting and odd car you or a friend might want to bring so we will likely have a few muscles and hot rods in the mix. Speaking of which, there are a few new toys in the Barn this year :>)
We will have our 928oc banner up for a group shot at the hill climb so lets see if we can get it some TV coverage !

Any questions or comments, just email (This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.) txt or call 413-214-3949 or PM me on this site!
Thanks
Tass

2015 Willbraham Tech Session 25 Jun 2015 09:50 #18351

• Tass 928
  • Junior Forum Member
We are going to have some fun this year! We currently have 25 928's so my guess is we will top 30. If you would like to attend, shoot me an email !
We have a bunch of other interesting cars coming also so if you find yourself 928less at the moment, no problem just bring whatever you have :>)

2015 Willbraham Tech Session 09 Jul 2015 11:26 #18366

• Tass 928
  • Junior Forum Member
Hi Gang!

Here is a quicky map to help with travel to and from the hill climb field. If you normally come into town via main and up Monson road, please be aware that the hill will be closed early that morning. This map will also show you the way around using mountain road and Glendale.

Looking forward to seeing you all

Tass

mapdraft.jpg
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 1.235 seconds