Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Driver side entrance

Driver side entrance 20 Feb 2010 17:44 #115

• CARLO
  • Junior Forum Member
I'm new to the club and have a few issues with a recently purchased 1983.

1. I cannot open the driver side door from the outside, seams like it is locked, but key won't open either. From the inside, door opens, piece of cake. I've got the panel off but didn't want to dismantle without seeking some insight. 2. Not sure if the auto lock system works, probably due to above issue.

Also, not sure what shape the timing belt is in, is there a way to examine it without removing it ? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Driver side entrance 20 Feb 2010 21:19 #116

• adminVB
I moved this topic, as the forum it was posted to was for technical tips (as in solutions). No big deal, but just so all understand.

Greg's site has information on removing the door lock at http://nichols.nu/cat04.htm
Is it possible that the key is not the right one for the lock? Seems like having multiple keys for 928s is common. I had that problem on my '90, so sent the key and lock to 928 Intl and they rekeyed the lock to match the key, so now all locks work off of one key.

With regard to the timing belt, not a big issue on an '83, as it is a non-interence motor (unless a Euro S with carbon buildup on the pistons, or perhaps a modified motor). If it breaks you get stranded but no harm to the motor. You can review the condition by removing the timing belt covers. Some good tips on Greg's site for the timing belt as well: http://nichols.nu/cat03.htm

Driver side entrance 21 Feb 2010 19:12 #117

• CARLO
  • Junior Forum Member
Thanks for the help.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.145 seconds