Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Problem with engine do a flex plate.

Problem with engine do a flex plate. 02 Jun 2020 05:12 #21250

• Christian
  • New Forum Member
Hello.

I am new on this forum.
I have an engine problem problem with my 928 S4 automatic do a flex plate failure. My mechanic saids the all engine needs to be remplaced for a certified rebuild one. I have been going though the web and I have found rebuild kits, but I am looking for the coplete engine. Here is my question, Does any of you know where I can buy a certified rebuild engine?. I am in Spain so I would like to know any workshop in Europe prferably to look for. But if there isn't I would consider to buy in the States.
Thanks in advance.

Best regards to every one on this forum.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Problem with engine do a flex plate. 11 Jun 2020 06:59 #21277

• Rich928
Hello Christian,
Welcome and sorry to hear of your problem. I am not aware of any company, perhaps other than Porsche, that keeps a new or completely rebuilt Porsche 928 engine in stock ready to ship. The best solution would be to source a good used engine and have a mechanic perform a complete rebuild. Here in the USA companies like 928 International have complete used 928 engines in stock.

For those who may not be aware of what I think the problem is. Here it is described as due to the flex plate, but I believe it is the thrust bearing failed due to pressure from the flex plate.

Figure4BlockDamageLR.jpg

Figure3ThrustBearingFailureLR.jpg

I wrote an article about releasing the pressure on the flex plate, see the attachment.

This is a periodic maintenance issue that I recommend on 1985 and newer Porsche 928s equipped with automatic transmissions.
Attachments:
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast
The following user(s) said Thank You: Christian

Problem with engine do a flex plate. 16 Jun 2020 04:08 #21288

• Christian
  • New Forum Member
Thank you very much for your help, it's very mych appreciated..

Regards.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds