Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Electric A/c Compressor

Electric A/c Compressor 29 Dec 2019 20:24 #21092

• foxint
  • Junior Forum Member
hi Guys - Happy New Year.
Finally got the 928 back from the mechanic (400km away) and still no garage, no A/c and not much enthusiasm as my wife is going to end our 17 year marriage.

So this is me putting my head in the sand and thinking of car things. I understand an electric compressor liberates a decent amount of power - so that has to be good. Has anyone got experience in this area??

Seems like you can buy a 12V compressor (new) for anywhere from AUD1,500 to 2,500 plus. I am not prepared to pay that on top of a bigger Alternator that will inevitable be needed.

What abut new or used Toyota, BMW or even Ford EV's or hybrids. They all have electric compressors. Toyota use Denso in the Prius ES18C and for the CamryHybrid ES27C. In the very sparse technical information I found it says 12V. My guts says the Camry would do the job.

Seems like from the expensive ones (search Rencool) they just replace the standard compressor and one uses the car controls.
Any suggestions?? I have seen some second hand ones in AU for about AUD150 including post - so not the end of the world
Hope to spark some discussions
Dan
Last Edit: 29 Dec 2019 20:25 by foxint.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.870 seconds