Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Did a top end refresh but now having trouble reassembling...

Did a top end refresh but now having trouble reassembling... 22 Dec 2019 15:26 #21084

• Face928
  • New Forum Member
I bought my 1987 928 S4 as a present to myself for retiring after 22 years of active duty in the world's finest Navy. It was in pretty good condition but needed a few things. When it started having idling problems, I concluded that I had a vacuum leak under the plenum (the paint on the plenum was chipped and flaking off) and decided it would be a great time to have it sandblasted and powder coated. While it was away, I was diagnosed with PTSD - that explained a few things for me. Okay, enough of that... does anyone have a detailed video, powerpoint, etc. that I can use to put everything back together? I was a radar tech during my first few years in the Navy so I have a pretty good mechanical aptitude but I'm not a mechanic. I bought a lot of new bits so that I could update and improve along the way. I'm leaning on you guys' expertise - please help me get this beauty back on the road.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Did a top end refresh but now having trouble reassembling... 23 Dec 2019 13:01 #21085

• Rich928
Thank you for your service. I hope you get your 928 back together and enjoy it.

There are many great technical porsche 928 related sources for information. This link should provide you the needed instructions:

928intl.com/tips/1987%20Intake%20Refresh.htm

There are many great hints available

928intl.com/tips/

Many thanks go to Dwayne for the hard work and excellent documentation and to 928 International for hosting the information on the internet.

I also suggest that you download the factory workshop manuals, they have a great amount of information.

www.ligeti.com/928/
Rich
Membership Chairman
Charter Member
1993 928 GTS Cover Girl
1987 928 S4
1979 928 5-speed rescue
1979 928 5-liter track beast
The administrator has disabled public write access.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Face928
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds