Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: 1979 928s ROW help please

1979 928s ROW help please 13 Oct 2016 05:47 #19307

• Tim S
  • Junior Forum Member
Got the motor out for a rebuild since it had a head gasket leak. I am having trouble finding a shop manual or at least torque specs. Can any one help? Thanks all
Attachments:
Last Edit: 15 Oct 2016 15:17 by Tim S. Reason: Adding photos
The administrator has disabled public write access.

1979 928s ROW help please 15 Oct 2016 06:04 #19312

• Kiln_Red
What stage of disassembly are you in? I highly recommend contacting Roger Tyson at 928srus for a copy of the Morehouse CD set. There is a wealth of info in there including, but not limited to, the factory workshop manual.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim S

1979 928s ROW help please 15 Oct 2016 12:26 #19316

• he_mech_usmc
  • Junior Forum Member
I will see if I have my copy I can send you when I get back to my computer. I also have a 79 ROW that I have been restoring for a while. I have compiled quite a bit for the 78-79 cars. The torque specs should be the same from US to ROW, but there is a difference for some of the other things since ROW cars don't have a lot of the emission stuff a US car does.
You can be a mechanic or technician...The choice is in HOW you fix it, not THAT you fix it.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tim S

1979 928s ROW help please 15 Oct 2016 15:19 #19317

• Tim S
  • Junior Forum Member
I was able to find some info I am starting re assembly thanks for the info i will check it out

1979 928s ROW help please 15 Oct 2016 15:22 #19318

• Tim S
  • Junior Forum Member
I appreciate it thanks. The only emissions item on the motor is the smog pump and I am not going to put that back on.

1979 928s ROW help please 16 Oct 2016 07:26 #19319

• Tim S
  • Junior Forum Member
Thanks for the help almost all back together now
CleanDirty.jpg

1979 928s ROW help please 16 Oct 2016 13:01 #19320

• he_mech_usmc
  • Junior Forum Member
Interesting colors. Looks like it is going back together well. We had a funeral to attend yesterday when I was responding and didn't really know if the messages got through since I was on my phone. Got back early this morning and just saw the updates. If there is anything that you're looking for as far as digital copies and things let me know. I also have quite a few 79 parts...and an entire 79 euro motor sitting. I really only bought the engine for some parts that I needed for my 79 euro. I did have a question. If your car is a ROW, why would it have a smog pump? Was it federalized when it was brought to the states? I only ask for my own reference, my car is a 79 euro(ROW) and it does not have a smog pump. My car was a grey market car and did not get federalized when it was brought over.

Good luck,
Josh
You can be a mechanic or technician...The choice is in HOW you fix it, not THAT you fix it.

1979 928s ROW help please 18 Oct 2016 12:04 #19324

• Tim S
  • Junior Forum Member
Sorry about the funeral and thanks for responding. I would appreciate any information you are willing to send i only have small bits I was able to dig up.It is coming together good though timing belt seems really tight. I am looking for a hydraulic tensioner if you have that. As for the smog pump the car was federalized I am the 3rd owner the original bought it from a dealer the 2nd put 100 miles on it and parked it for 10 years. all in all it is in good shape I will need to find a fuel tank soon as well mine is leaking at the strap. Thanks again for the offer for the info that will really help
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 1.144 seconds