Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Are LED bulbs available for the dash

Are LED bulbs available for the dash 02 Sep 2016 21:19 #19289

• Burlingame
  • Junior Forum Member
My dash lights are not working. I am starting the search for bulbs, but was wondering if anyone knows if LED ones are available and if so have you used them
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Are LED bulbs available for the dash 16 Oct 2016 13:19 #19322

• he_mech_usmc
  • Junior Forum Member
I have seen them offered. I do not remember where(one of the "big 3" 928 parts sources). I was considering making the move to LED as well this winter when the car is up and I don't have to worry about things. It may not be of much help, but that's where I would start. The other place you could check is superbrightleds.com . If you can figure out the OEM bulb numbers, you should be able to find a LED replacement. I have been having intermittent issues with incandescent bulbs and want to replace all with LEDs. One thing I remember hearing at one point is that you need to bypass the dimmer, and seeing as most are bad anyway, it may not be a bad thing. I was going to replace my dimmer switch with an adjustable trimpot with a knob instead of the roller wheel.

Good luck
You can be a mechanic or technician...The choice is in HOW you fix it, not THAT you fix it.

Are LED bulbs available for the dash 17 Oct 2016 19:25 #19323

• Burlingame
  • Junior Forum Member
Thank you for the information. I suspect since they are all out it might be more related to a connecter or wiring.

Are LED bulbs available for the dash 01 Mar 2017 05:14 #19559

• allexsander
  • Junior Forum Member
For those who want to change the interior lights to LEDs, this info might help-- ed.scherer.name/Porsche_928S4/Writeups/LED%20Interior%20Lighting/Converting%20Porsche%20928%20Interior%20Lighting%20to%20LEDs.pdf
The following user(s) said Thank You: exhausted
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 0.392 seconds