Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: H4 headlight bulbs

H4 headlight bulbs 05 Jul 2016 18:45 #19118

• wyman
  • Junior Forum Member
I would like to upgrade my H4 bulb in my headlights. Current ones are yellowish and not that bright.
Comparing my 30 year old 928 with the current production cars lighting effects is so dramatic now. :ohmy:
Looking at the Bosch light website (www.de.bosch-automotive.com) many product choices are offered.
Anyone tried the Bosch bulbs and do they last?

Thanks
Wyman
The administrator has disabled public write access.

H4 headlight bulbs 21 Jul 2016 10:08 #19155

• davek9
  • New Forum Member
Have you looked into LED headlights? 928 Motorsports sells them and H4 LED's can be sourced on the web too.
I'm running them in 3 of my 928's w/o any issues and they draw less current then stock bulbs.
Last Edit: 21 Jul 2016 10:08 by davek9.

H4 headlight bulbs 21 Jul 2016 11:11 #19156

• wyman
  • Junior Forum Member
Folks
I upgraded the bulbs to the PIAA H4 Xtreme White Plus Halogen bulb so. Very happy with the
Results. Power consumption of 55 watts produces 110 watt of brightness. Checkout attached image of
Brightness comparison. Headlight on left is stock whereas right side is PIAA bulb. And the example is
On low beam setting. Much more whiter and uniform coverage on the lens.

image.jpeg

H4 headlight bulbs 21 Jul 2016 11:32 #19157

• davek9
  • New Forum Member
If you haven't done so as yet, get ready to replace the Headlight relay, I found upgraded light bulbs pulls more load on the old parts ;)
That's why I went w/ LED's, I had a pair of those in one of my cars and yes I did like them, relay contacts went soon after, however I drive w/ my lights on a lot more then most.

H4 headlight bulbs 22 Jul 2016 12:32 #19160

• wyman
  • Junior Forum Member
I will minimize the affect of the extra power going through the headlight relays by not using the high beam feature for now.
Fortunately for me, I am always in the lighted city streets. Can you take a photo of your lighted LED lights using the same
Pose as my image?
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 2.530 seconds