Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Uncovered 2 928s, one is a Devek shop-prepped track car

Uncovered 2 928s, one is a Devek shop-prepped track car 29 Apr 2019 12:40 #20809

• JeffC
  • New Forum Member
I recently discovered 2 928s in a parking garage in Omaha. Both cars are in great condition. They were in long term ownership since the early 90s. They are not in the registry. Car 1 is an India Red over cork '85 5sp, Car 2 is a black on black '88 5sp. They had been there for awhile following the owner's passing. Through his estate they ended up with his son who is not a car guy and just sitting on them for sentimental reasons. I can get that. I was able to purchase the 85 (still working on the 88). In talking with the son and confirmed by a local shop that did some recent work on it to fix electrical gremlins, it is a Devek shop-prepped car (the outline from the DEVEK banner on the rear window is still visible), built for PCA club racing even having a PCA certified sticker on the roll cage. I found a reference to the car in the GGR Nugget newsletter from 1996. I'm trying track down and communicate with Marc Thomas from Devek to inquire if they still have the records from customer built cars. This has many Devek parts including cams, suspension, chips (the originals came with the car). It runs magnificently and the sound from the cams and the headers on through is amazing.

Anyway, anyone know how to contact the Devek folks after all these years? I'm trying to piece back together the cars history. I would like copies of shop records if available. Thanks, Jeff
Attachments:
Last Edit: 29 Apr 2019 12:42 by JeffC. Reason: add picture
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Uncovered 2 928s, one is a Devek shop-prepped track car 03 May 2019 16:15 #20816

• jmwise
He's on LinkedIn: Marc M. Thomas, Sr Manager, Technical/Program Management at Google. You might try sending him a message through that.
Jarrod Wise
90GT
928 Owners Club President
928 Registry Chair

Uncovered 2 928s, one is a Devek shop-prepped track car 03 May 2019 16:29 #20817

• JeffC
  • New Forum Member
jmwise wrote:
He's on LinkedIn: Marc M. Thomas, Sr Manager, Technical/Program Management at Google. You might try sending him a message through that.

Thanks for the info, I also started a thread on Rennlist and got good responses but no contact info. I'll go through LinkedIn and see if he'll respond. Much appreciated. Jeff
Moderators: Rich928, mm928, billvvOC
Time to create page: 0.177 seconds