Our purpose is to support owners in their use and maintenance of the Porsche 928 and to foster camaraderie among owners throughout the world.
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: Florida Engine Machine Shop Recommendations?

Florida Engine Machine Shop Recommendations? 23 Aug 2017 21:41 #19960

• Kermit928S
  • Junior Forum Member
Do any members in Florida know of a good Engine Machine Shop in the greater Tampa Bay area with knowledge & experience with 5.0L and 4.7L motors? Or do I need to look farther? I need 5.0 pistons fly-cut for 16v euro heads, and the usual jet clean, boring-honing, possible decking, checking for cracks, etc., related to a proper engine rebuild (5.0 short block, the rest is euro 4.7).

If anyone has sent 5.0 pistons out to be fly-cut, I would appreciate hearing where that was done.

Thanks very much for any info.

Pete
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Florida Engine Machine Shop Recommendations? 24 Aug 2017 15:20 #19961

• y33trekker
  • Junior Forum Member
I talked to the guys at Smith Motorworks up in Panama City awhile back when I was in the area looking at one of their customers 928's, and they seemed to know their Porsche stuff.

Panama City is obviously not Tampa, but maybe they could make a recommendation closer to you in FL?

smithmotorworks.com/

Florida Engine Machine Shop Recommendations? 25 Aug 2017 10:03 #19962

• Kermit928S
  • Junior Forum Member
Thanks for the tip y33trekker. I'll contact Smith Motorworks to see if they can point me to someone down here. And thanks for the link to the shop too.

Pete
Moderators: mm928
Time to create page: 0.248 seconds